Sunday, March 7, 2021

2021 March

Sorry for the long absence folks.

Life happens and so we get distracted. I will just update you with the biggest events.

September and October was relatively quiet, then came November. Normally we do our breeding groups.

We lost our beloved Gabriel the week of Thanksgiving, he would have been 12 on Christmas day. 

The day after Thanksgiving I ended up in ER with a burst appendix. Recovery was several weeks due to my age.

Needless to say the breeding groups were scaled down greatly. 

By February the coyotes discovered there wasn't a LGD protecting our flock. Three full grown ewes were taken down. :(

They are watched closely now during the day and brought as soon as sun starts going down.

New to the farm however are two Karakachan puppies. A rare breed livestock dog from Bulgaria.

They are sweet as honey and smart as a whip. 

Hopefully we will have a couple of lamb this spring. Not as in the past years however.

Also new is a small little farm store to sell fleeces and yarn. Plus other crafts I don't know what to do with.

2 comments:

  1. You've had a tough fall and winter; I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your LGD and ewes, and your appendix. I hope the new pups become amazing flock guardians, and that you have a few excellent lambs. I bred three ewes last fall; here's hoping my handsome new ram didn't shoot blanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think the good Lord was telling me it was time for a little break. Looks like for sure I will have 3 preggie ewes.

      Delete